Caritas Anchor House is proud to be a high achieving organisation, and over the last few years we have won a host of national and regional awards, which reflect our determination and commitment to tacking the root causes of homelessness.
- Shortlisted in the categories of ‘Social Champion’ and ‘Big Society’ at the Charity Times Awards (2014) - Results Pending
- Longlisted for Centre for Social Justice awards (2014) – Results Pending
- Highly commended as ‘Social Champion’ at the Charity Times Awards (2013)
- Shortlisted for Centre for Social Justice awards (2013)
- 4 National Training Awards for Service Delivery and for Inspiration in Training and Education (2010)
- Runner up for ‘Charity Principal of the Year’ at the Charity Times Awards (2010)
- Winner of ‘Best Use of Technology’ at the Charity Times Awards (2009)
- UK finalists in the Third Sector Excellence Financial Management awards (2009)
- UK finalists and runners up for ‘Use of Digital Media’ Michael Whippman Award for Innovation in Homelessness (2009)
- Winner of ‘Innovation in the Community’ in the Michael Whippman Award for Innovation in Homelessness (2008)
- Commended for both ‘Outstanding Young Person’ and ‘Diversity in the Community’ in the Thames Gateway Awards (2008)
- Winner of ‘Places of Change’ award from the Department of Communities and Local Government, under their Innovation in Homelessness programme (2009)
- Winner of ‘Access to Excellence’ award under a Government sponsored regeneration scheme for Canning Town (2007)
- Winner of the ‘Service User Involvement’ in the Michael Whippman Award for Innovation in Homelessness (2006)
On top of this, one of our former residents won the National Apprentice Award in 2007.
These awards are a testament to what Caritas Anchor House has achieved through hard work and dedication, but it is the programmes behind the awards that we are most proud of. Our Aspirations Programme helps our residents to rebuild their lives and get back into full time employment and independent living, and this for us is the greatest accolade possible.
To see a summary of all we’ve achieved, please click here: